Pageviews last month

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fragments of Myself


‎24 years as a Mom with back problems left me overweight and out of shape. In '02 I had a stroke, leaving my right side weak, my mind confused and every function a chore. I was diagnosed with MS. In '04 I had back surgery to replace blown disks, and was diagnosed with degenerative disk disease. In '05 I had a 2nd back surgery to r...eplace the rods and screws, and '06 led to a knee surgery. In '07 my spouse of 27 years decided it was time to go our separate ways.

Then I met Mike Gray. We soon became fast friends. He took me hiking and, soon after, climbing. On my first try, with borrowed harness and slippers, I managed to get a little ways up the rock. Each time, I got a little stronger and more sure of myself. Now I top rope and clean gear (when my muscles and coordination work). While I don't lead, because I can't always depend on my muscles to do what I want them to, I love climbing!
See More

1 comment:

  1. Where were you?
    When I was burned and broken?
    As the days went by
    from my window
    watching
    And where were you
    when I was hurt and helpless?
    'Cause the things you say
    and the things you do
    surround me
    While you were hanging yourself
    on someone else's words
    trying to believe
    in what you heard
    I was staring straight
    into the shining sun

    Lost in thought
    and lost in time
    as the seeds of life
    and the seeds of change
    were planted
    Outside
    the rain
    fell dark and slow
    as I pondered on
    this dangerous
    but irresistable pass time

    I took a heavenly ride
    through our silence
    I knew the moment had arrived
    for killing the Past
    and coming back to Life.


    I love you, babe. You put my own pathetic problems and complaints in perspective.

    ReplyDelete