Pageviews last month

Monday, April 11, 2011

Gypsy at Heart

I finally get to go and be that gypsy I have always felt inside and never got to let out. My wandering spirit shall wander. My inquiring mind shall experience and absorb. My eyes will finally see all those great places I have only seen in pictures. I will get to re-experience many things I saw and did as a child. I wonder what the difference will be seeing them as an adult. The appreciation of things, places, and people; I am sure be quite different.

There have been times in my life when I just wanted to pack up the vehicle and hit the road with no destination in mind. The thought of how far will this tank of gas take me. Where will I end up? What will I see? Who will I meet? I guess to some people that is a scary thought, not to have a complete plan. My thought is if you have too complete of a plan, there is no room for deviation. If I am driving down the road and want to stop and see some thing; then I want to stop. So many times I have had to drive right by a place that really seemed interesting to me. No more!

I wonder how many opportunties have been missed because a person was to busy to stop. How many paths might have taken a different turn if they had pulled into that little shop, senic route, old restraunt, and a lot of other places. How many lifes would have been changed? I guess I am just full of questions about the road less traveled. The intrigue of the unknown facinates me.

Getting ready to take this trip knowing that the MS could flare at any time, is really urging me to get on with it. I don't know how much time I have to do the things I want to do. Or how long I will be in shape to do them. I feel kind of like I am in a race with time. Some days getting up and around is so hard. Then the rest of the day is great. Sometimes the mornings are great and the rest of the day is pretty tough. For right now, most of the days are all right. As with any chronic disease, a person has to learn to get along. You just learn to tolerate certain things.

So, I want to take this trip and pack as much life into it as possible. I want to stand at the the Grand Canyon rim, take walks in the desert, do all the rock climbing I can, get married, meet people; not neccessarily in this order. That is the beauty of not having a fixed plan. You can change the details and not mess any thing up!

I am really excited to let this gypsy out and go for it! Life is sweet and there is so much more than what is here in front of me. I will go see, explore, and experiece. I am thankful to have some one to share this desire of getting out and seeing the world. Some one who is not afraid to go outside his comfort zone. Some one who looks after me and just wants me to have a good life!

2 comments:

  1. Very good Cindy, wandering touches spot deep in my soul. I have spent so many years going where others tell me too. I have very often thought of loading up the truck and just going till I can't go anymore, and then find a way to go further. Their are so many things that I want to see first hand like Yosemite and the Grand Canyon. I would love to venture down through Mexico. I love the desert and would like to go back to death vally. I would like to see the gliths in canyon lands. As much as I will miss you two I am so happy that your making the journy. Take LOTS of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy- One of the reasons I'm not afraid to go outside my comfort zone is that my comfort zone IS "outside"! The other is reason is that I will be there with you, someone to share all my dreams and adventures and to let me see the same old sights in a different way. All those years of wandering in the desert, all those lonely evenings by a solitary campfire, it all makes sense now... I was just getting things ready to meet you and come back!

    ReplyDelete